Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The Talent Unleashed Awards (“Awards”) are conducted by Talent International Holdings Limited ABN 28 131 419 Level 9, 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (“Talent International”).
2. In these terms and conditions of entry (“Terms”), unless otherwise stated, a reference to “you” or “your” includes you in your personal capacity and as a representative of the relevant business which you represent.
3. By submitting an entry to the Awards:
a) you warrant that you have the capacity to enter the Awards in your personal capacity and as a representative of the business; and
b) you agree to these Terms.
4. Instructions on how to enter the Awards as set out on the Awards website at www.talentunleashedawards.com (“Judging Criteria”) form part of these Terms. Entry into the Awards is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
1. In order to enter the Awards and be eligible to win, you must:
a) comply with the Terms
b) enter online; and
c) your entry must be received by Talent International by 11:59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time on August, 31st
2. In order to be eligible to enter the Awards you must meet the criteria set out in the Judging Criteria. Talent International reserves the right to declare any entry ineligible if, during the Term, in the reasonable opinion of Talent International or a sponsor of the Awards (“Sponsor”):
a) you are considered to be unable to present or promote the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
b) you have not complied with these Terms, the Guidelines, the Judging Criteria or the entry form;
c) the entry form is incomplete; or
d) information provided by you is deficient, false or misleading in any way.
1. The Awards comprise of the following 5 categories: Best Idea – One to Watch, Best Start Up – Social or Community Impact, Best Start Up – Tech Innovation, Most Disruptive Technology or Digital Leader and Most Progressive Workplace Leader.
a) The Best Idea – One to Watch Award is open to entrants where the business:
- is an incorporated entity in the region you are entering;
- in the initial stages – this means in the research phase or trading for less than 1 year;
- the founder or leader must be available to pitch the businesses idea live at the awards event in your region (US entrants must be available to fly to Australia’s East Coast to pitch)
b) The Best Start Up Awards are open to entrants where the business:
- is an incorporated entity;
- fewer than 10 employees;
- who has been trading for a min 1 year to max 3 years;
- was founded by the applicant;
- can provide a full year’s financials
c) The Most Disruptive Technology or Digital Leader is open to entrants where the individual:
- holds a senior technology or digital leadership position in a company within the region of entry;
- have greater than 10 years of experience;
- lead a high performing team
d) The Most Progressive Workplace Leader is open for entrants where the individual:
- holds a senior leadership leadership position in a company within the region of entry;
- have greater than 10 years of experience;
- be driving major transformation in their company, sector or environment
Promotion and Sponsorship
1. You give Talent International and the Sponsors permission to market products and services to you as they see fit.
2. The information contained in any Awards Application may also be used by Talent International and the Sponsors to promote the Awards and to market products and services that may be of interest to you.
3. Should you be an Award Winner, you will attend all Awards presentation events and will be available to assist in publicising the Awards as required by Talent International and the relevant Sponsor for the award in which you win.
4. If you are an Award winner, you will be available for promotional appearances with Talent International and the Sponsors (“Promotional Appearances”). The Promotional Appearances will promote the Awards, Talent International (including its products or services) and the Sponsors (including its products or services) and:
a) during each Promotional Appearance you or your representative must, if requested, verbally endorse Talent International;
b) Talent International must give the Award winner at least 7 day’s notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance. In recognition of your busy schedule, Talent International and the Sponsors will use their reasonable endeavours to ensure that the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance does not unreasonably interfere with your business commitments; and
c) for each requested Promotional Appearance, the party requesting the appearance will pay the reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for you.
5. During the Term, Talent International or the Sponsors may use:
a) your business identity anywhere in the world in any advertisement or other material which promotes the Awards or the products or services of Talent International; and
b) details about you and your award entry in printed, electronic and internet-based media (as Talent International or the Sponsor considers appropriate) in promoting the Awards and the products and services of Talent International and the Sponsors during the Term, without payment or other compensation to you.
6. Prior to using your business identity, your personal identity, or details about you or your award entry, Talent International or the Sponsor will obtain your prior approval, which you will not unreasonably withhold.
7. You agree to allow Talent International and the Sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you (“Materials”).
8. In relation to the Materials:
a) Talent International and the Sponsors may use it for their future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you;
b) Talent International and the Sponsors may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials at anytime, anywhere, and by any means;
c) Talent International and the Sponsors may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
d) you acknowledge that, by entering the Awards, you grant to Talent International and the Sponsor on creation of the Materials a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
e) you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (“Moral Rights”);
f) you waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
g) you agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights in the Materials.
1. You will at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, defend and hold harmless Talent International and its respective officers, employees and agents (“Indemnified Persons”), from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of the Indemnified Persons arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of the Indemnified Persons where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of any breach of these Terms by you, and use of the material and/or information supplied by you under these Terms. You must on demand make good Talent International for any loss suffered, including loss of profit, damage for loss of reputation and other indirect loss.
1. At any time during the Term, Talent International reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
2. If you, your business or your representatives are involved in any conduct or activity that:
a) is illegal;
b) is fraudulent;
c) may harm Talent International or its name or reputation; or
d) breaches these Terms,
3. Talent International may, in its discretion, withdraw any award and associated prizes that you have received. If requested by Talent International, you agree to no longer publically promote yourself, your business or your representatives as being associated with the Awards, Talent International or the Sponsors. This clause survives the expiration of these Terms.
4. If Talent International (or a Sponsor) is unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, Talent International (or the Sponsor) reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. Talent International accepts no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
5. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Talent International accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received by Talent International for any reason.
7. All entry submissions are the property of Talent International. As the Awards are a competition, unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback on your individual entry submission.
8. Talent International, in its sole discretion, has the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Awards at any time.
9. Talent International will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from the Awards, including the breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
10. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Terms and conditions of use apply to the prizes.
11. Talent International collects personal information about entrants to include in the Awards. If the personal information requested is not provided, the entrant cannot participate in the Awards. By participating in the Awards you confirm that you consent, until such a time as you withdraw your consent by giving notice to Talent International, to Talent International using, and disclosing your personal information to Talent International’s related entities, Talent International’s agencies, the Sponsors and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards.
Have you visited our FAQ page?Find Answers
Still have a question unanswered?Contact Us