Global panel of judges headlined by Steve Wozniak and Sir Richard Branson select 2017’s most exciting startups and entrepreneurs
Talent has announced the finalists for the 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards, celebrating the world’s most ground-breaking startups, innovators and entrepreneurs.
The Talent Unleashed Awards, now in their fifth year, identify companies and business leaders using technology to transform the world, creating bold and inventive solutions to business challenges or social issues.
Richard Earl, Chairman and Founder of Talent commented that he was inspired by the calibre of this year’s entrants.
“Each year we search for the new frontrunners in tech, and each year that search yields more spectacular results. I love having the opportunity to identify and celebrate the people and companies leading the way in innovation and social change across the globe.”
This program is about bold ideas and brave leaders and this year we’ve seen incredible examples of both.
Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group and Global Talent Unleashed Awards judge commented: “What we are seeing with the Talent Unleashed Awards is part of a broader movement where people are more inclined to confidently stand up and say ‘there’s a better way to do this!’ – I certainly relate to this.”
Joining the judging panel for the third consecutive year, entrepreneur and Talent Unleashed Awards Global judge Steve Wozniak added: “There’s a great mix of young guns and seasoned pros bringing heat to this year’s Awards. It’s great to see a balance between youthful energy and experienced tech veterans amongst the finalists.”
All finalists are invited to attend the Awards Grand Final Events in Melbourne and London on 7 December 2017. Steve Wozniak will host the Melbourne Awards event, where finalists will receive live feedback and advice from Mr Wozniak and a panel of judges.
The Global Grand Prize Winners will be provided an all-expenses paid trip to Silicon Valley to visit the homes of global technology companies and meet with leaders in the sector.
The 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards finalists are as follows:
Best Idea: One to Watch
- Omar Zuaiter & Alaa Habeb, Emudent (APAC)
- Michelle Perugini, Life Whisperer (APAC)
- Nathan Spataro, Exo One (APAC)
- Nathan Williams – Minespider (EMEA)
- Isabel Van De Keere – Immersive Rehab Ltd (EMEA)
- Emma Sullivan – Prospela (EMEA)
- Mengju Wu – DCES (USA)
- Premal Ashar – Nuro Technologies (USA)
- Layne Fontenberry – Grainster (USA)
Best Startup: Tech or Digital Innovation
- Lee Hardham, Brauz (APAC)
- Markus Kahlbetzer, Brickx (APAC)
- Florian Simmendinger, Sound Brenner (APAC)
- Dee Saigal – Drum Roll HQ (EMEA)
- Mandeep Singh – Trouva (EMEA)
- Kristian Valk – Hotelchamp (EMEA)
Best Startup: Social or Community Impact
- Nikhil Pooviah, Cancer Aid (APAC)
- Kendall Flutey, Banquer (APAC)
- David Marten, Power Ledger (APAC)
- Max ter Horst – e-Kite (EMEA)
- Sebastian Stricker – ShareTheMeal (EMEA)
- Sharon Pursey – SafeToNet (EMEA)
Most Disruptive Technology or Digital Leader
- Clive Dickens, Seven West (APAC)
- Nick Whitehouse, MinterEllisonRuddWatts & McCarthyFinch (APAC)
- Mark Cohen, Domain Group (APAC)
- Richard Corbridge – eHealth Ireland (EMEA)
- Fin Goulding – Aviva (EMEA)
- Christopher Antony John Deery – Solihull Community Housing (EMEA)
Most Progressive Workplace Leader
- Jessica May, Enabled Employment (APAC)
- Annie Parker, Fishburners (APAC)
- Amie McKinlay, Lotto NZ (APAC)
- Greg Reed – HomeServe Membership (EMEA)
- Kirsty Styles – Tech North (EMEA)
- Linda Jones – Pinsent Masons LLP (EMEA)
Congratulations to all of our finalists – wishing you all the best for the Grand Final event.